Safety culture can be thought of simply as how we do safety around here. Clearly, there is more to it such as group norms and behaviors. Culture has many advantages over compliance-driven approaches. Safety culture starts at the top by leaders setting examples, being present, and caring for everyone’s wellbeing. A well led team will follow.
- Describe what culture, safety culture, and a culture of safety mean,
- Explain how safety leadership affects safety culture,
- Compare and contrast compliance vs. culture-driven approaches,
- List at least four benefits of safety culture,
- Defend the efforts needed to impact safety culture.
Definition of Safety Culture
Exploring Safety Culture